CHICAGO, Ill. | Nov. 17, 2016 –
The editorial board of the Journal of Critical Scholarship on Higher Education and Student Affairs (JCSHESA) acknowledges the anger, disbelief, fear, and sadness that many communities and individuals – ourselves included – have experienced since last week’s presidential election. In an effort to adhere to our mission to publish meaningful, intentional, and actionable scholarship, we release the following call for contributions to our new blog, PRAXIS:
JCSHESA and PRAXIS invite blog submissions that address the current political and social climate on campus and the future of higher education. We welcome submissions from all individuals regardless of their affiliation with higher education. We are particularly interested in highlighting the voices of groups and communities who are working to transform their campuses into physically and psychologically safe spaces for all individuals.
Submissions will be reviewed and edited by the editorial staff (with authors’ final approval) and will be posted on the PRAXIS blog. Through these contributions, we seek to demonstrate the agency and power of students in the ongoing battle for social justice on campus and beyond. Submissions being accepted now and will be reviewed and published on a rolling basis until February, 2017.
Guidelines for submissions:
- All submissions must be written in plain, accessible language.
- Target length should be 300-600 words.
- We especially encourage submissions from current students, community members, and individuals who belong to traditionally underrepresented or marginalized communities.
- Include your name, institutional affiliation, and organizational affiliation where appropriate/desired.
- Contributors are encouraged to be creative and original and to take advantage of the web environment by including multimedia elements and embedding links to related materials.
- NOTE: Multimedia resources submitted to PRAXIS must be the property of the individual submitting them. Contributions including multimedia resources should specifically verify, in the submission, that the resources belong to the contributor and specifically authorize JCSHESA and/or PRAXIS to use and distribute them.
- Contributors are expected to remain active members of the PRAXIS community and contribute/respond to comments for three months after a post is published.
Submissions should be sent as an attachment in Word formate (.doc/.docx) to JCSPraxis@gmail.com. Please use “PRAXIS Guest Submission” as the subject line. Further information about the PRAXIS blog may be found at https://jcshesa.wordpress.com
JCSHESA Editorial Board, 2016-17